1.01.2015

one little word... 2015

 happy new year!
 
last night was simple... just the four of us at home... some pizza... some trouble and catch phrase... and watching the ball drop at midnight...
 
i always find new years eve a little bittersweet... a lot of the recaps shown in the media are sad... people who've passed, tragedies that have taken place... then there are the happy images... moments that restore your faith that there is good in the world... people helping others... medical miracles... either way, i always shed a tear or two in the midst of it all...
 
i'm getting to my one little word for this year... and i'm taking the long way to get you there... ha! {you can check out 2013 and 2014 here and here}
 
 let me just say... i'm not so sure that these last couple of days/weeks have been my best... i have been feeling the pressure of the holidays {which i swore wouldn't get to me this year}... i've been frazzled by messes that won't clean themselves up... i've noticed way too much time spent on phones and ipods and i've not done a thing about it {even when i know i should be limiting it more...} organization and time management are at nil... i've picked on more snacky foods than i care to mention and am in dire need of a re-focus on that... these are just some of the things swirling through my mind and even though i know there are far worse things than those mentioned above, i've been snippy... after the snippy-ness... i feel bad for raising my voice or not handling matters in a more grown up way... grumping around like a 2 year old that hasn't gotten her way isn't an attractive quality... this i know!

because even in my grumpiest state, i'm still so thankful to be alive and sharing in this journey with those around me {but acting grouchy doesn't show that to those i care about and i want them to feel it}... 
 
this year my one little word is joy... the emotion of great pleasure or happiness caused by something exceptionally good... i'll even take it down a notch... pleasure and happiness in the day to day is what i'm striving for... the little moments {and the bigger ones}... those around me deserve a more joyful me...

i'm not saying that i'll never have a bad day... i need to be realistic with myself about that... but to handle things in a more joy-filled way is my aim...
 this card arrived in our mailbox this year... as soon as i opened it i said "oooh pretty!!!"
 
when i opened it up and read this message from a dear friend, it made me smile...
i'm thinking this was a sign!
 
so here's to more joy
in 2015... let's make it a good one, friends!
 
xo
angie 

3 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Joy is a beautiful word! I need to have a word but my brain hurts from this job search junk. Too qualified, not enough of this or that or the other! Argh. Prayers are graciously accepted. I hope your new year is wonderful. We spent a quiet night in too.

Kelli said...

Love this! And I love that we have the same word...we will need to remind one another over the year.
I need to remind myself that joy is all around me I just need to look for it. I have just been feeling down and a bit grumpy...lost my joy so this year I am going to find it and bring it back
Here is to a year filled with JOY for the two of us!

Jen Kershner said...

Oh friend. We all have our moments and the holidays can turn the most patient woman into a beast! I hope you are finding your normal after I assume everyone went back to their regular schedules today. I hope you are finding some you time. I bet that would go a long way towards restoration!