1.04.2013

one little word... 2013

one little word...

those three little words caught my attention... so i looked into it... i've seen it pop up on several blogs that i read and what you do is select a word to represent what you'd like to see for yourself in the new year... {my friend amy, who blogs at the preppy strawberry, is one of them... you can visit her blog here and see the word she chose for 2013...}
  
this really had me thinking... there are so many words out there that i could have easily chosen to focus on in the new year... as i pondered this i decided that the word i need the most in my new year would be just that... focus...
  
i spend most of my days in a tizzy... {i'm sure a lot of you know what i mean and feel the same} get up... breakfast... make lunches... kids to school... clean the kitchen {always a source of fun with no dishwasher ;)}... the continuous laundry mountain... pairing matching socks {ugh!}... writing bills... clutter here... clutter there... keeping up with school papers... mail arrives and with that comes more paper stacks... homework with the girls... dinner... my homework... yada, yada, yada... wake up the next day and you do the same thing...
  
i find myself wandering from room to room... starting everything but finishing nothing... it's a defeating feeling... once the girls come home it all snowballs... from about 4-7:30 things escalate... it's a mad dash to figure out what's for dinner... convince them to both eat what i've made and work on their homework... there are tears over 5th grade math... and melt downs over 1st grade spelling words and flashcards... and i get flustered... i lose focus...

i am noticing that my attitude in our home not only sets the tone for our day but shows my girls how to act and react to different situations... i want to be a better role model for them...
i want to be more intentional in the new year... to focus on the things that matter the most to my family and to me...
 i came up with this... i really hope it helps to guide me in 2013...


what's your one little word for 2013?

have a happy day~
angie



No comments: