1.07.2013

hugs and i love yous

i always hug my girls... i constantly say i love you... always receiving hugs and i love yous is what i have grown to expect in return...

from my 7 year old... arms wrapped tight around my neck... her saying "hold me mama" and the words i love you flow freely...

i've noticed a slight switch in my almost 11 year old this year... the hugs are more me hugging her with her standing there... i say i love you and i get an "uh-huh" in return... it wasn't always this way... and it's been breaking my heart... usually i just repeat the i love you and  
that's how it's left...

 
this morning before she left for school, i gave her a hug, which was a little duddy on her end so i squeezed her a little tighter and said "love you, maizie"... i got the "uh-huh" response in return... so i asked her if she thought she was getting too old to tell me that... she said "yes"... i told her that you're never too old to say those words and she smiled...  i asked her if i'm supposed to just know that she does and she said "yes" and smiled again... i said "ok"... then she walked down the driveway and got on the bus...
i shut the door and i cried... she's growing up... {i'm excited for her to grow and experience new things but i'm a bit sad for me... i miss little maizie... the one who always hugged and said i love you no matter what}... i'm not quite ready for the changes that middle school and beyond will bring...

that's all i have for this morning...

now i think i need to go drown my sorrows in a frappuccino...

have a happy day~
angie


No comments: