5.09.2014

marina's first communion

i'm always very emotional when it comes to events in my girls' lives... i know that most moms are, but i think i might be a little extreme... first days of school, last days of school, choir performances {anytime there's a group of young, angelic voices singing... it brings me to tears almost
instantly...}, orchestra concerts, church, i cried at Disney all 3 times that we've been there... anytime music accompanies these landmark moments in our lives, i tend to weep...
 
saturday, may 3rd was no different... it was marina's turn to make her first communion...
 
we started off the morning by getting her hair done... our cousin kim did a beautiful job...
she didn't want a veil... only a flower tucked in...

 we got her a little token to remember her day... a lovely pair of earrings and bracelet by leelee jewelry... so sparkly...
we offered to go shopping for her own dress but she tried on maizie's and it fit her perfectly... i love that she chose to wear the same one as her sister... i'm very sentimental like that...
 they encouraged us to not take pictures and video during the ceremony at the church... the focus was to be in the moment, watching our children receiving a very special gift for the first time...

as soon as the processional music started and the children began walking down the aisle... i began to cry... there was no holding it in... it was such a beautiful moment that overwhelmed me with emotion... my thoughts went from her baptism... to thoughts of how fast time goes and to how much i miss my grandma g. {i went to church with her and my grandpa every sunday from the time i was little until i was 18... it was a huge part of my life so thoughts of church immediately lead me to thoughts of my gram}... i so wish that she was still with us because she would have loved every minute of this special day...
gosh... how i love this girl...

she chose to wear a special antique ring from her papa... {my dad gave it to her a couple of years back}... she came downstairs and i saw that she had put in on all on her own... my heart kinda melted in that moment... she's such a papa's girl...
we had a small party/dinner afterwards at our house with family and close friends... it was so nice to sit around and catch up with everyone... we had yummy food... the kids played... we enjoyed cookie cake for dessert {at marina's request... it's her fave}...
 
we couldn't of had a more beautiful day...
 
god bless you, sweet marina! 
 
 
xo
angie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me cry!

Jen Kershner said...

Such a beautiful, loving post from a wonderful loving Momma.

Kelli said...

Such a sweet post!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

OH my goodness! SO precious!!! I was almost in tears, too!

But then again, I get choked up at these kinds of things, too.
:)

Sentimental, I guess. I love the fact she wore the flower, her Sister's dress, and the ring!
Oh my!

Great post. So nice to see such tradition and well, church, too!