1.07.2014

snowy days

oh... ohio... i try to love ya... but with the deep freeze you've got going on, i've about had it with you... i need some sunshine in my life... not ice on the insides of our bedroom  windows... 
we've been a bit locked down with the subzero temps... my girls have had an extended winter break... their last day of school was december 20th... we're working on 18 days off... ay yay yay... play dates, sleepovers, birthday parties, art projects, endless games of trouble, movie watching, staying up too late... and while the lazy mornings are nice, i think we need to get back to some kind of a routine over here...
 
so what else has been happening besides what i mentioned above... hmmm... let's see... i've been getting things ready for a valentine inspired evening of fun at my house this upcoming saturday... i'm really looking forward to that... lots of prep work for some cute projects...
that's 480 hand painted coffee filters... so thankful that maizie and marina were helpers on that venture...
 
i met an ig friend in real life... that was a lot of fun... hi debbie!!!
{more on that later...}
 
 other than that... undecorating, snuggling up just trying to stay warm... and a bonus tidbit... our pipes are frozen in our upstairs bathroom... so no hot showering here today :(
i'm just hoping they don't burst...
 
welp, i'm off to do something productive... and enjoy this cup of hot cocoa... {i've got a thing for marshmallows!}
what are your plans for the day? is it snowing in your neck of the woods?
 
xo-
angie

4 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Same story here! Do you live in an old house? School has been out here the same amount of time but my Hubby has been on vacation for a week for that. I really need to get back to the routine too. I'm a girl that craves routine. I'm going to do some cleaning up this morning,catch up on some blogs and head into the studio with my little one. Fingers crossed the roads are better tomorrow and school is back in session. I need a trip to the bookstore and craft store desperately! Stay warm. Fingers crossed about those pipes!

Unknown said...

Today was the girls' first day back since winter break, so I just had Nora home with me. Let me say - it felt like a vacation!! Ha! Love my kiddos but it was time for them to be back in school :) I heard we should be up to 40 by the weekend (?!) Anything above 20 sounds AMAZING!

oopsiemaizie said...

hi jen... we do live in an old house... 1931 is the year that it was built... it has tons of character {and problems to go along with it}... i'm so happy that our routine is back... the first place that i went was to barnes and noble once the snow/ice was gone... and thankfully, after sitting in the hallway holding the blow dryer on the frozen pipes for quite some time they broke loose... no bursting, phew!

oopsiemaizie said...

cathy... i hear ya... my girls get along well {for the most part} but with all of us being cooped up together, they were starting to get on each others nerves... a lot of whining by my youngest... etc... glad that they are both back at school and we are back on schedule... i'm ready for spring!