9.06.2013

back to school...

it was back to school this week for my girls...
 
there's been clothes shopping...
 
 shoe shopping...
 
 supply shopping...
 
 
 all of the usual things that gear one up for a new school year...
 
our summer was a good one... but by the end we are all ready for some routine and schedule in our lives...
 
it's always a little bittersweet though...

 this year I have a sixth grader...
and a second grader...
i can't stop thinking about how marina is now in the BIG kid hallway at school...
and...
 that after this year maizie will be halfway DONE with middle school...
 it's crazy, i tell ya!

i love these girls so much... and i'm so thankful that so far their weeks have been going great and we've successfully made it on the bus three days in a row... that just may be a record for us...

as far as my schooling goes... it was a tough decision and one i've been struggling with for quite some time but i've decided to take this semester off... time to do a little soul searching and focus on my creative side... art and my love for making things... we'll see how it goes... hoping to find some clarity...

have a happy day~
angie



4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

you have beautiful daughters! happy back to school!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos...gorgeous girls. I feel the exact same way about the end of summer and back to school. A return to routine is good for us :) Good luck with your semester off...I can't wait to see all of your creative endeavors and I hope you gain the clarity you are looking for!

oopsiemaizie said...

aww, elizabeth... thank you for the sweet words!

oopsiemaizie said...

thank you cathy... you're always so encouraging... so far i'm enjoying the semester off... trying to focus on what my next steps should be... I feel like i'm headed in a better direction already :)