6.18.2013

a walk through her garden...

my mom loves to garden... her and my dad's yard has been a work in progress for many years... all of that hard work has definitely paid off... they have the prettiest yard... i'm a bit jealous of her green thumb...
and of her climbing hydrangea... it's gorgeous...
 
 would you like to take a walk through her garden with me?
this is part of her fairy garden...it's tucked under the shade of a huge maple tree in the back yard...
the girls love exploring while we're there...  
 they've even found a sprinkling of fairy dust a time or two...
{maizie made this stone for my mom a few years ago}
 st. fiacre... the patron saint of gardening watches over...
there are roses... some that have been here a really long time...
and others that are newer... this rose came from me... it's a david austin rose and it smells so good... it withered up to almost nothing in my yard... i gave it to my mom and look at it now...
 along side of the garage is this nifty bike... she still has to plant the basket in the back...
 a little bunny... such a cute added detail...
  this fairy garden came home with me... what a nice surprise that was... i love it...
painted ferns are so pretty... 
and this splash of yellow is happy!!!
 
what's blooming in your neck of the woods?
 
have a happy day~
angie
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous garden! I so wish I was better with plants...you really do have to tend to them and I guess maybe it's not enough of a priority for me right now. Thanks for sharing all the little treasures in your mom's garden!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tribute to my yard hon, love you, Mom