12.12.2012

vintage ornaments


i am running so far behind this year... i don't know how that happened but it did...

i'm all out of sorts... feeling very unorganized, had a sick child for the past several days, forgot to pick up our cookie dough fundraiser at the school, have to return books to the college, hosting a cookie gift exchange and need to get out invites, i've been slacking in the dinner making department {my girls nicely reminded me last night that it was the third day in a row eating something with sauce... in my defense, i did break up two pasta nights with a pizza :)}, and i have only a few christmas gifts bought and nothing wrapped...

so what am i doing this morning? trying to write this... ya know, because this is more important than all the other stuff mentioned above... haha... sometimes when my mind is on overload i do the exact opposite of what i should be doing...

oh, and i'm eating lays stax... the buffalo wings with ranch flavored chips... for breakfast... healthy choice, i know!

and john just brought me his scrub pants and asked me how long they'd take to fix... he stapled the bottom of the pocket at work the other night...nice! just give me a sec to handle that repair ;)


 once again... time to focus on something that is complete... something that makes me happy... our christmas tree... wanted to share it with you since it's finally up... 

ours is decorated in all vintage ornaments... i've been collecting them for about 13 years now... my mom and dad have contributed quite a bit to my collection... love when they surprise me with a new one :) john's grandma also gave us 2 boxes of large painted ones... they're beautiful... i always admired them on her tree... one day she sent them home with john to give to me... it made me cry...

 
 
 
it's so cozy when the tree is up... don't you think? 
what types of decorations do you put on your tree? vintage, themed, natural, handmade... i'd love if you'd share how you decorate yours with me...

now i have to go...
because see that sweet little face right there? she's having a birthday tomorrow and i have a little something in the works for her... and i will share it with all of you... i just have to finish it first!

have a happy day~
angie
 


 

2 comments:

amharach said...

I LOVE your vintage ornaments! Our tree is decorated with ornaments that we've collected over the years. Whenever we visit a new state or go on vacation, we buy an ornament to represent that. We also each get to pick a new ornament for the tree every year. Eventually we're going to run out of space, but that's okay, haha!

oopsiemaizie said...

aww, thanks colleen... i love that you collect ornaments from places you've been... that's a nice way to take a trip down memory lane as your tree goes up... we get a new ornament for the girls each year... they decorate the trees in their rooms with those and then i have a pencil tree by the fireplace that holds their handmade ornaments, and a few that john and i made when we were little... thanks for taking the time to comment... it made my day :)